[mythtv] MythStartup scripts (unfinished and beta!)

Tyler Drake pcjabber at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 01:27:38 EDT 2004

DISCLAIMER: I do not take any responsibility for what this may do to
your system. Only the brave recommended to try this ;-)

OK. This is a set of scripts (modifed from others found on the list,
with a few things added) that (at the moment) just starts up the
backend and the frontend, and ensures they stay up.

Here are the instructions:
- FIRST, BACK UP YOUR /etc/inittab FILE! THIS SET OF SCRIPTS DOES
MODIFY IT! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO LET THIS MODIFY IT, PLEASE FOLLOW THE
STARRED INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

- Untar the file using " tar -xvzf startupscripts.tar.gz -C / "

- Be sure to set the 'type' var in /usr/local/bin/startupfrontend.sh
and /usr/local/bin/startupbackend.sh (this tells the script to look in
either /usr/local/bin/ or /usr/bin for the programs.  A value of 0
will tell the script to look for a compiled Myth setup
(/usr/local/bin/myth_blabla). A value of 1 will tell the script to
look for a binary Myth setup (/usr/bin/myth_blabla). This is also
explained in the file itself. =)

****** Only if you chose not to extract /etc/inittab:
- Change your default to 4: "id:X:initdefault:" should be changed to
"id:4:initdefault:"; where X is a number

- Then, add this to the bottom of the file:

# Run Myth in runlevel 4
xm:4:once:/usr/local/bin/mythinit.sh

Please give me feedback to pcjabber at gmail dot com or thru the list
=) With more feedback, I will keep updating it =)

--Tyler