[mythtv] New Install - 0.16 or CVS?

Jeff Thompson lists at threeputt.org
Fri Oct 29 21:23:51 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm waiting for newegg to deliver all of the components for my first
mythtv system. I'm trying to decide whether I should install using the
0.16 release or go with the CVS HEAD version. Can anyone using CVS HEAD
comment on the stability vs. the 0.16 release?

On a related note, the CVS tree doesn't appear to use branches as part
of the normal development process. While each release is tagged in CVS,
it would appear that there is no "stable" branch for fixes to the latest
release. Are all fixes to the released version and bleeding edge changes
made to the HEAD?

I have searched, but did not find a document explaining the mythtv
development process, so I apologize if this information is available
somewhere.

Thanks,

--
Jeff Thompson