[mythtv] Patch to scan for DVB channels within setup

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Thu Oct 28 22:19:50 UTC 2004

Inspired by a hard disk crash (and a realisation that my backup strategy is
pants) that caused me to have to re-enter all my DVB channel info, I have
written a patch to channeleditor.cpp that puts a button on the setup screen
which causes a call to "scan", parses the output and fills the channel /
dvb_channel and dvb_pids tables in the database.  It also checks for changes
in pids for existing channels and updates these too.

It is far from perfect --- you still have to go in and add callsign, picture
format, xmltvid etc (anything "scan" does not detect for you); it doesnt
handle multiple capture cards, and it probably only handles DVB-T.   But its
a step in the right direction and without doing anything manual you at least
get pictures.

I have CVS access but since this is not my code, does someone own this code
and want me to forward a patch or should I commit it myself?

Paul