[mythtv] prebuffer audio related?

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Wed Oct 27 08:33:57 UTC 2004

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> Steven wrote:

>>> I believe the alsa drivers included with 2.6.8.1 are the version
>>> known not to work properly with myth.
>>

>> Removed alsa from my kernel and installed 1.07rc2. The pauses seem a bit
>> less frequent but still... :
>>

> Does mplayer work OK on your machine with alsa output?
>
> Is the audio playing too fast/slow (slightly)?  What is your audio card
> (intel ICH by any chance?)  What rate are you recording your shows at?
>
> Ed W

Recordings play fine with mplayer. This is my video playback command
"mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -ac hwac3, -vo xv %s" but I guess this would
use OSS emulation using /dev/dsp. (don't have access right now to check).
My audio card is the onboard ATI 9100IGP one (atiixp alsa driver)
Also, my recordings (and live tv) play fine on my sepparate EPIA-M
frontend using Xv video out on a 2.6.8.1 kernel with alsa 1.0.6 in it.
On the EPIA however it is using DRM as video timing method.
This gives me the feeling the prebuffer pauses have something to do with
  the  "Usleep with busy wait" video timing.

My live-tv codec settings :

         5 | autotranscode            | 0         |
|       5 | width                    | 480       |
|       5 | height                   | 576

(this is PAL, was using 720x576 before but with slighly higger
processorload there where even more skips)

         5 | mpeg2streamtype          | MPEG-2 PS |
|       5 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3       |
|       5 | mpeg2bitrate             | 4000      |
|       5 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 6000      |
|       5 | samplerate               | 32000     |
|       5 | mp3quality               | 7         |
|       5 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II  |
|       5 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448       |
|       5 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 256       |
|       5 | mpeg2audvolume           | 90        |

Using ivtv 0.2.0-rc2 tvcard driver.

Steven