[mythtv] Problem building any module except mythtv using today's CVS.

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 27 00:02:47 UTC 2004

William wrote:
> I am having problems compiling todays cvs (about 6:30pm eastern time USA).
> Mythtv itself compiled but mythdvd, mythgallery and mythvideo all fail to
> compile. Same error for each. Here is the output from the terminal:
>
> [root at pvr mythvideo]# qmake mythvideo.pro
> [root at pvr mythvideo]# make
> cd mythvideo && qmake  -o Makefile
> cd mythvideo && make -f Makefile
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/myth-cvs/mythvideo/mythvideo'
> g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer
> -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"/usr\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -I/usr/lib/qt-3.1/mkspecs/default -I.
> -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/mythtv
> -I/usr/lib/qt-3.1/include -o main.o main.cpp
> main.cpp: In function `void runMenu(QString, const QString&)':
> main.cpp:147: error: 'class LCD' has no member named 'Get'
> make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/myth-cvs/mythvideo/mythvideo'
> make: *** [sub-mythvideo] Error 2

I've compiled everything fine with todays CVS.

I think you must have an old version of the core Myth headers still
installed.

You need to recompile the core mythtv stuff and make sure that the
headers and libraries on your system are not old versions from previous
installs etc.

Check all the -I paths on your system for old myth headers. e.g. in
/usr/include, and in /usr/local/include and especially in
/usr/include/mythtv.

Hope this helps.

Col.