[mythtv] Running frontend on PPC (yet again.. sorry)

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Sun Oct 24 23:18:20 UTC 2004

> The machine itself is currently very low spec - G3 333MHz, 64MB RAM
> (!),
> Mach64 6MB graphics

	That should be fine, as long as you have an apppropriate XFree86
module for the Mach64 to enable Xv, and a minimal window manager.

	Like Jeremiah said, CVS code plus my endianness patch
(patch.macosx.35) plus a small edit should to the trick.

	If you need an older frontend, I can provide a source tree
for 0.15 or 0.16 that will probably compile.

> Anyway, I've had a go with the patch + latest CVS, but having problems
> with
> compilation - specifically, the compiler (gcc 3.3) is crashing, with a
> note
> of an internal error (+message from assembler - "End of file not at end
> of line; new line inserted").

	I would suspect running out of swap space. Some of the source
takes ages of time, and thus lots of virtual memory, to compile.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  "Let's see how Spike is going"
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia      |              ...