[mythtv] MythFrontend crash watching live TV

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Oct 24 12:55:44 UTC 2004

Christian Hack wrote:

>Got the attached crash while watching live TV. A scheduled recording was due
>to start at 18:00. The "Do you wish to record .. etc" OSD came up. I simply
>ignored it and let it count down. When it came to start the recording you
>can see at the beginning where it's trying to open the file which it claims
>doesn't exist (yet). Sometimes this works and the number of retries doesn't
>reach zero. I don't know why there is such a delay. The system is XP2400
>using DVB cards.
>
>If the retries gets to zero it ends up in a seeming infinite loop of:

If this using current CVS?  If so can you try adjusting the usleep on
line 402 of RingBuffer.cpp up a bit to see if that allows it to
recover?  The problem you're seeing is due to the fact that when we open
a new RingBuffer we're not able to read any data from the file, and
never will be allowed to read from that file handle.  So we attempt to
read from the file before returning the handle back up the chain.

The recent changes to CVS that start the recorder up ahead of the player
might also help, though I've not looked to deeply into it.