[mythtv] Mac OS X speed decrease between 0.15 and CVS

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Sat Oct 23 15:46:06 UTC 2004

On 22 Oct 2004, at 7:05 PM, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> If you can provide me with pointers to them I can try and get them in
> tomorrow.  I must admit to not following the OSX threads too closely
> since I'm not the artsy fartsy type. ;)

If I wanted abuse, I'd go to my day job.  Thanks, tip your waitresses.

The OS X patches have piled up enough to step on each other's toes, so
I combined everything into one patch (plus one binary file, it should
go in as programs/mythfrontend/mythfrontend.icns).  The individual
changes include:

Nigel's endian fixes, and fixups for settings.pro under OS X
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/83140#83937

New video driver and OS X preferences
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/89651#89651

Prebinding patch
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/89650#89650

Icon courtesy of Ashley Clark
(not submitted as patch, comes from DarwinPorts effort)

The patch at the link below includes all of the above, and was tested
against Wednesday's CVS, so it should apply more easily than the older
individual patches.

http://www.whpress.com/osx-patch.tar.bz2

- Jeremiah