[mythtv] MythWeb - recgroup set to null string for new recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 23 14:57:09 UTC 2004

Eric Thelin wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:37:36 -0400, Michael T. Deanwrote:
>

>>MythWeb creates new scheduled recordings with the recgroup set to the
>>null string (not NULL, but "").  Shouldn't it be set to 'Default' (since
>>MythWeb does not provide a capability to specify it)?
>>I won't have a chance to look at it for at least a week, but I want to
>>make sure it actually is a bug before I try to fix it.  :)  If so, I'll
>>probably try to work into the UI way to specify the recgroup.
>>

>I actually have fixed this by adding recording group support to
>mythweb and am just waiting for my patch to be applied.

Wow.  That's exactly what I was planning to do (and finished 5 days
before I decided it needed done :).

Found your patch at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/89271#89271 (and with a
link to download from your website at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/89519#89519 ).  I guess
I should have searched on mythweb and group instead of
"mythweb"/"recording"/"group" and "mythweb"/"recgroup".

Thanks for the heads-up, though.  The patch applies cleanly and works great!

Mike