[mythtv] [Experimental Patch] HDTV Recorder patch updated

Sat Oct 23 06:29:54 UTC 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
>]This last part is pretty flacky right now. I can't use ffmpeg's function
>]for setting up the codec, because it assumes an unused stream, so I just
>]have an "if (0 == enc->codec_id) enc->codec_id = (CodecID)2;" in the
>]CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO case, which is enough to keep an MPEG2 video stream
>]going, but is an ugly hack that will break other streams. I'm also not
>
>Ok, I fixed this hack. I now set up the codec info when the PMT changes,
>within ffmpeg. It still needs some cleanup but this should basically work.
>There is no need to wait in mpegts for the first video packet to set up
>the codec because the codec type is described in the PMT.
>
>The recorder patch (v25) is here:
>  http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/
>
>-- Daniel

Daniel,

With the stuff that has been committed to the CVS over the last day or
so, what exactly should I try?  Will v26 of the recorder patch apply to
the *current* CVS, or should I apply it to my checkout from 15Oct?

Thanks,

John