[mythtv] Files still taking up disk space after unlink

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Sun Oct 17 23:16:33 UTC 2004

> Could have saved yourself some time with a search in the archives. This
> was discussed before and has to do with a problem in the myth protocol.
> Using NFS is a workaround.
>
> Look for a tread "Backend not releasesing deleted files." 'round the end
> of September.

Thanks, Steven. The search was not working when I tried (gossamer), but
I could now find the thread using your title.
Yes, I can confirm that updating to the current CVS build fixes this
issue. If anyone cares to comment, what was the cause of it, or the date
a fix was committed to CVS? Trying to learn a bit more about this problem.

Regards,
Mauricio