[mythtv] mythbackend segfault, 0.16 release

jweir at jweir.com jweir at jweir.com
Fri Oct 15 16:37:08 UTC 2004

Hey Developers,

This product looks amazing and I'm psyched to start using it since I just
got a tv-card.  I'm getting a segfault when trying just to watch tv.  Here
are the steps to faulting:

1 - start backend
2 - start frontend
3 - choose "Watch TV"

I've gone through intial steps including mythsetup and database creation
and population with listings (from a Zap2It subscription).  As per your documentation
instructions, I used gdb to get as much information as possible from mythbackend,
including the backtrace of all threads.  I've attached this somewhat lengthy
tty cap as plain text.  Some environment information:

Hardware:
AMD Athlon 800 Mhz
512 MB Ram
3dfx Voodoo5 AGP
ATI TV Wonder Pro (Conexant chipset, Phillips tuner)

Software:
Fedora Core 2 installation
Kernel 2.6.8.1 stable release
cx8800 and related driver modules (10/15/2004 CVS snapshot)
tvtime for playback, known to work

I'd be happy to provide more info, or try a CVS checked out version if that's
recommended.
-Jim