[mythtv] DVB LiveTV Tuning Blocking / Bug with transform.c

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 14 19:23:55 UTC 2004

> I don't know if it's the same bug but several people on the Myth lists
> have reported tuning/zapping problems with DVB. One issue is with
> bad/missing PIDs (causing the backend to hang, unable to retune to a
> working station). I'm also getting the dreaded "Couldn't read data from
> the capture card... Game over." fairly often even on stations with the
> correct PIDs set up, but I don't know what's causing it. Almost all my
> channels are scrambled so it might be a CA problem. Might be a driver
> problem, or something wrong in Myth's tuning code. Sometimes it happens
> directly on startup and it doesn't seem to be caused only by rapid
> zapping but it might of course be related. Anyhow, with your DVB patch
> I'm guessing it will be easier to diagnose and kill any remaining bugs.

I am not including not getting a lock on the signal in my findings.. I have seen
that from time to time, but that is either a driver related issue or my
diseqc/multiswitchs not actually switching.. But I see this regardless of
application myth,zap, etc.. I suspet its a hardware issue on my end but sicce
myth never gets a lock i never get to the failure point im talking about..

What I am finding as I said earlier was it tunes, locks, sets filters, gets data
(You can put some debug code in the begining of ReadFromDMX() in dvbrecorder.cpp
if you want to see when you start to get data), but then does nothing with it..
When you are getting the "Game Over" message do you happen to see the
VideoStream/AudioStream printed below?  If so we are talking about the same
problem..