[mythtv] DVB LiveTV Tuning Blocking / Bug with transform.c

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 14 17:44:13 UTC 2004

I have been trying to get livetv to work with DVB properly.. I am pretty sure I
have tracked a tuning issue with LiveTV down to dvbdev/transform.c, but I want
to know if anyone else has seen experienced this or done any debuging with it..

What happens is if you are channel surfing with DVB after a few rapid channel
changes the card will timeout and immediatly after the 15 Second error message
you will get the VideoStream/AudioStream messages meaning its starting to fill
the ringbuffer.. I put some debug code in ReadFromDMX and the data seems to
start immediatly after the filters are set (as it should), but the transform.c
code never does anything with it..

This of course never effects scheduled recordings since it takes a few rapid
channel changes in a row to exhibt this behavior..

Has anyone else noticed this?  I know John Pullan mentioned to me in our
discussions about the patch effort that he has seen it mentioned on this list
before and linux-dvb, but I wasn't able to find any postings quickly..

I may not even fix this bug as is, and just remove transform.c along with the
merging of HDTVRecorder and DVBRecorder since IMO transform.c was crowbared
into myth.. If I am wrong as to the cause of this please let me know..

I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this and what kidns of cards they are
using.. I have seen it with my happauge Nexus-S and Nova-S.. John mentioned it
has happened with his Nova-T card..

Taylor

http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/ <-- Link soon to have a experimental patch
with new db structure, scanning and auto-pid..