[mythtv] Re: compiling mythtv frontend for cygwin

Mario L superm1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:27:56 UTC 2004

They are all copied by hand, you'll need mythavcodec*.dll
mythavformat*.dll myth*.dll mythtv*.dll mythfrontend.exe mythtv.exe
mythepg.exe mythtvosd*.exe and mythprogfind.exe in the same directory.
 Also each of the dependency dlls has to be there, ex
pthreadsGCE.dll, freetype-6.dll, zlib.dll, and qt-mt333.dll.  You can
also add another directory to your PATH and put the dlls in that path.

Things may or may not run for you at that point, I played around alot
with my prefix and changed alot of lines to try to elimate posix
stuff, but now i am realizing i probably just had to change that
prefix since windows doesnt really care if you use a / or \ in
directories.  Also, QT seems to have trouble eveywhere myth used
iterators in a QStringList, which seems to be pretty common.  I have
been trying to use gdb to find out a little bit more about why, but
have been having a pretty rough time with it.  I think I'm going to
revert back to some older code where I hadn't changed the posix stuff
and then rebuild QT with debug symbols and try again.