[mythtv] Re: Mfe doesn 't want to start

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Oct 12 21:36:29 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 05:26 pm, Peter Martens wrote:

> >        I fixed the updating problem (in current CVS), but I can't get the
> > mfd to die if iTunes is running first. Could you build current cvs and
> > try to recreate your problem, ideally running under gdb with a backtrace.
> > If that last clause is meaningless to you, let me know and I'll try and
> > walk you through it.
>
> Think I need some help with that. Really don 't know what you mean.

	Instead of just running "mfd", run "gdb mfd". Then, do whatever it is you do
to make it die/segfault/etc.

	When it dies, you'll be at a gdb prompt. Type "thread apply all bt full".
This will generate a lot of output. Cut and paste it into an e-mail to me.
You can then type "quit" to get out of gdb. Thanks.

- thor