[mythtv] Re: Mfe doesn 't want to start

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Mon Oct 11 01:08:44 UTC 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 06:49 pm, Peter Martens wrote:
> Works like a charm right now! Thank you very much.

	Glad we got that sorted. I'm cc'ing this to the dev- list as some issues
discussed may be of more general interest.

> Some other questions:
>
> 1. I am not able to play aac files hower I compiled with aac support.
> I think it is another copy of the mfd running (which I previously
> installed in /usr/local, without aac-support). Could this be true? Is
> there a possibility to uninstall, and if yes, how?

	As long as you're sure there's an mfd installed in /usr/bin and a set of mfd
plugins in /usr/lib/mythtv/mfdplugins, easiest thing is to clean out
the /usr/local copy:

		rm /usr/local/bin/mfd
		rm /usr/local/lib/mythtv/mfdplugins/libmfdplugin-*
		rmdir /usr/local/lib/mythtv/mfdplugins

	Of course, another thing that could be going on here is that you are trying
to play "Fair"play DRM'd aac files (ie. .m4p). The mfd can get passed any
content from another daap source (e.g. iTunes), but it can only decode
non-DRM'd aac files (i.e. m4a).

> 2. Running mythfrontend mythmfe means that only the mfe is running. Is
> there a possibility to integrate it with mythtv mannualy? I know it is
> still a testing version, but works great here, so it would be nice if
> I could use it with mythtv alltogether.

	Yes, you could manually edit your mainmenu.xml and/or your library.xml
(depending on what theme you're using) to add a PLUGIN <action> for the mfe.
Mfd should already be running. If you want to run mfd and mtd (from mythDVD),
you need to make sure the settings for mtd are set to use a port other than
2342).

> 3. Any idea when the mfd-stuff is ready to be released with mythtv? I
> think it is really great?

	Currently rewriting mfe to use the new Myth UI library, which is being
rewritten at the same time. Should come together before too long, but don't
hold your breath.

- thor