[mythtv] I have written a DVB-T (freeview) auto channel setup script..

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 9 19:00:03 UTC 2004

Dear George,

> Sorry for xpost if its not approriate.
I wouldn't xpost if I was you, normally this gets a bad response from
the list members.

> Following the recent re-shuffle of PIDs in the UK on Freeview, I got
> fed up manually setting up channels.
>
> I have written a PHP script which uses dvbscan (part of the LinuxTV
> tools) to dump out the channel list, and populate the channel tables
> in MythTV.

I think someone is working on an auto pids patch if you look back in the
history of the mailing list, but until its ready I would like to try
your script.

> It also 'fixes up' the radio channels by assigning a dummy video PID
> from the same MUX, so they work in MythTV.

Thats great, I only setup radio one so far as I couldn't seem to find
video pids to match other stations ( I didn't try very hard though!).

> It outputs a SQL script, which you can pipe to mysql to do the setup.
>
> Can I contribute this to mythtv? i also wanted to contribute my
> auto-archive script (which only works for DVB recordings)

I'd like to see the auto-archive script too, mianly because I am
wondering why it only works for dvb recordings.

Regards,

Darren