[mythtv] Re: Alsa version

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 22:49:40 UTC 2004

--- Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> > Also, 1080i on XvMC looks terrible if I send the
> > interlaced signal to the screen.  It looks like it
> > skips scan lines and plays it back at 540 doubled.
>  If
> > I use the bob deinterlacer, it looks better.
>
> I always leave the deint filters on, mostly because
> I still watch a number of
> things that are standard-def, but that's definitely
> very different from what
> I see when I watch 1080i stations w/o deint enabled
> (and a 1080i mode). I
> really ought to try out XvMC, though I'm quite happy
> with everything Just
> Working right at the moment... :-)

See the picture at:
http://www.pbase.com/jbarnhart/image/34300421.jpg for
an example of the jaggies I see on 1080i.  Ignore the
weird color moire effect, that's just my camera
interacting with the fresnel screen of the set.  If I
set the deinterlace to "bob" it looks much better.
But it seems to me that my 1080i output device should
look best with a 1080i input signal -- no deinterlace
should be needed.