[mythtv] grr, DVB (uk) channels started moving around...

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Oct 7 22:40:29 UTC 2004

Ivor Hewitt wrote:

>On Thursday 07 Oct 2004 21:44, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
>

>>Anyone else noticed this?  They seem to have started changing the pids
>>at different times of the day now...  Channels seem to randomly move
>>around, and even more annoyingly once it hits a bad channel it seems to
>>stuff up the backend (I think the card probably gets stuck on it's
>>initial tuning phase and never gets past that)
>>
>>Anyone working on an auto-pid patch?
>>

>Ah that's what's happening is it. I wondered what was going on with the
>backend being so stable for so long, it's just fallen to pieces.
>Hmm.
>Which transmitter are you on? (I'm on Reigate)

I'm on Crystal Palace, and everything was sweet and rock solid until
yesterday...

I will wait until tomorrow and see whether it's something that is
changing am/pm, or whether its a real change...  Any insight here?
(anyone hang around the digitalspy forums?).  BBC 1/2 seem OK, Channel 4
and ITV1/2 seem to have hopped to a new PID, same freq and other
details.  Yesterday it was just ITV2...  And then it moved back
again...  Wierd

I thought I saw someone working on a dvb autopid patch?  Or at least a
fully integrated table parser, that way we could integrate some kind of
auto update with pid caching.

Anyone else seeing this?

Ed W