[mythtv] Re: MYthTV recording deleted automaticly - even when set

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Oct 5 19:41:14 UTC 2004

> Hi Mike,
>
> thanks for your replay, after finding the Discussion from last august I knew that
> the counter for this feature is the "maxnewest" field - found in programinfo.cpp - with a
> little help from -- bjm  I managed to add this also to the "don't recorded if this would
> exceed the max episodes"  so I'm testing this right now.
>
> As I understand Chris, the author of this part of Myth mentioned in his posting, he'll add
> something like a "undeletable" flag to this to cope with this problems. How and when
> it will be included in CVS I don't know but in the meantime I have something to ship around
> this cliff.

Well, I mentioned it and it's on my TODO list, but it's not anywhere near the top, so if
you or someone else wants to tackle it, patches are welcome. :)

I implemented the maxnewest and auto-expire when I started having things like 10-15 episodes
of Law & Order recorded since it comes on at least twice a day.  It was done rather quickly
and served the purpose nicely, but I'm happy to see it expanded.  I also tried to design
the autoexpire so that it could be extended easily to give other ways to determine what
order to expire in rather than just oldest-first.  That seems to suit most people though
since I can't remember anyone speaking up about adding new methods.

> But in the end the best thing is, I learned a littel bit more about  SQL, the
> Mythdatabase, and so forth.

Great, so what's your next project? ;)

--

Chris