[mythtv] Faster operation of interface? (suggestion)

zart at phreaker.net zart at phreaker.net
Mon Oct 4 09:02:52 UTC 2004

Hello

I don't know if it's possible to implement this (without too much
recoding). But I was wondering if it would be possible to preload
certain things in the modules when myth starts?

As it is now if I enter the Video-menu then it takes 1/2-1 sec. I guess
that's because of loading? (if not - correct me :) ...

Why not do some preloading (optional?) so navigation would be faster,
but the memory footprint would of cource increase. But I have a feeling,
that if you've got >=512MB memory then it wouldn't matter.

- Zart