[mythtv] Wrong time of recordings when using PVR 350

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Oct 1 10:53:42 EDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 09:29:27AM -0400, James Armstrong wrote:
> >I have done some more systematic testing, and it looks like the
> >problem actually is related to recording, not playback. Recordings
> >done with the old driver shows correct time regardless if I play it
> >back with the old or new driver, recordings done with the new driver
> >shows wrong time on playback with both old and new driver.
> >
> >The fact that it looks like I'm the only one with this problem makes
> >me wonder it might be some other stuff related to my system that
> >causes this. The ratio between the wrong and correct time is 0.80, but
> >25fps/30fps = 0.83, perhaps the time ratio's closeness to 25/30 is
> >just a coincidence, and it's actually not a PAL-NTSC issue?
> >
> I have a similar issue with recording hd content from a pcHDTV card. The
> total time is always wrong. Most of the time a 1 hour show shows as 51
> minutes when I play it back. I am using myth .16 and ivtv 0.1.10pre2-ck104m.

Aha!

(It's a Spenser thing...)

No, this looks like it's a driver thiing; thanks for the clarification,
Petter, and my apologies to whomever it was to whom I mischaracterized the
situation (your not having yet clarified).

The driver does, in fact, tell Myth what timebase is in use, and apparently,
it broke somewhere along the way; I'm carboning CK so he doesn't miss it.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi