[mythtv] MythWeb: Call to translators and theme maintainers

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Nov 30 07:53:13 UTC 2004

I've just committed the last bit of code to finalize the new translation
stuff for mythweb.  Unfortunately, I was unable to save most of the
translation strings from before, and my knowledge of foreign languages
rather limited (and I'd rather trust Spanish and German to native
speakers), so I need things re-translated (and verified for the small
amount of stuff I was able to carry over).

I also noticed that many of the category-matching regular expressions
were not translated, leaving most languages matching a mishmash of
english/german/spanish that were in place before there was any thought
of translation.  You might want to go through and make sure that things
are matching properly for your language.

I hope that you'll find this MUCH easier to deal with than the previous
system.

Theme maintainers:  I only updated the Default theme, so please update
your themes and get back to me with patches asap.  If you find that you
need to make new strings, please let me know (currently, the string
builder script only looks at Default) so I can figure out the best way
to cleanly handle this.  I'm hoping this won't be necessary, though

Anyone who has big patches that I had not yet committed (I remember a
big mythmusic one), I'm hoping that you'll be able to get back to me
with updated patches (if necessary -- I noticed that most of the
music/video sections weren't translated at all)

-Chris