[mythtv] [patch] Fix for sluggish pause

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 05:03:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 11:02:57PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> I think that it looks ok for the software decoding case, if the unlock were
> moved into the !EnoughFreeFrames() clause - it's just dropping the lock when
> idle and waiting on a free frame,

That would let the TV thread get in and change speeds there, which I
don't want to happen.

> and there's way too many things calling
> GetFrame() to easily break out of the function and try again.

I'll defer to you for the transcode, commercial flagging, etc. cases
since I haven't looked at them that closely.  For all of the other
cases, returning early shouldn't matter.  The only time we won't have
emough free buffers is when we're streaming frames and it's OK to do
it then.  The ivtvdecoder has worked that way for ages.  All of the
times when GetFrame actually *has* to process a frame, we have just
done a seek so there will always be enough free buffers.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net