[mythtv] Segfault when entering program guide

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Sat Nov 27 22:59:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

I wrote to the -users mailing list about this problem but I guess nobody
could help since only one answered, and that was a direct answer to me,
and not the list, which in the end did give me some things to try, but
did not fix the problem.
I am running Gentoo and I have a PVR250 card, running ivtv-0.2.0rc2w
driver.

Mythfrontend crashes whenever I enter program guide. Both 0.15.1, 0.16
and CVS does this. I have also tried connecting with mythfrontend from
another machine and that one segfaults at the same place as well.
I have mythweb setup, and the program schedule data seems to be there
just fine, no errors there.

I am not a C/C++ programmer, but through the help of Google I have found
out how to do what I hope is a useful gdb dump, located here:
http://drzero.skumleren.net/mythtv-segfault-2004-11-23.txt
It was done running mythtv 0.16 and qt 3.3.3 with debug useflag.

I am guessing this might be something to do with ivtv, but no matter
what, I should think that mythfrontend isn't suppose to segfault no
matter what, so I would very much like to do whatever I can to help
debug this problem, if the developers will just please tell me what data
to provide you with.

I am not just looking for a quick workaround here, I honestly want this
to work correctly.

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41