[mythtv] Anyone looking at the XvMC/OSD glitches?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 21:34:07 UTC 2004

Also regarding XvMC, there seems to be some major
sound issues associated with it (at least in LiveTV).

If I use OSS, then I get the odd "prebuffering pause",
if I use ALSA, I get continuous "prebuffering pause"
messages.  I've verified this with two sound cards
(the onboard Via 82xx as well as a SoundBlaster Live)
on my Epia.  This is solved by turning XvMC off
(although at a major CPU and visual quality hit).

When using OSS, things are at their worst when in the
program guide, where moving the "cursor" will cause a
prebuffering pause.  Using ALSA doesn't seem to matter
whether I'm in the program guide or not.

This is using some RPMs of CVS (from 11/25), using
ALSA version 1.0.7-11 from ATrpms, and the latest
version (11/16) of the Unichrome drivers.

-- Joe

--- Daniel Thor Kristjansson <danielk at mrl.nyu.edu>

http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/mpeg-frameskipping-v3.patch