[mythtv] about my tree patch for mythvideo

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Fri Nov 26 09:03:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:23:45PM -0500, thor wrote:
> On Saturday 06 November 2004 05:43 pm, Leo Weppelman wrote:
> > >
> > >  Hmmm. Did something not get applied to CVS that should have been?
> >
> > If you mean to say that it should have been applied, at least I cannot
> > find it. I checked the browsable tree to be sure it was not a faulty
> > update on my side.
>
>  Yeah, sorry ... what I really meant was, "is everyone happy with where this
> stands? If so, I'll apply it."
>
>  Really just the open question about whether we wanted to get to the point
> where the tree got passed around rather than having to be built in each view.

Mmmm, deafening silence for a while :-(

I'm not sure if something is expected from me, marketing wise I mean.
But I'm an engineer and not the best marketing type in town ;-)

What my patch does is combining the the data gathering (tree-building)
of the various mythvideo views. Something jdonovan started to do
already for all views except for the treeview. The special thing of the
current input module for the videotree is that it also supports imported
data from the filesystem (or removable media). My patch allows to other
views (like gallery) to use that data too...
My patch does not (yet) permit passing around of the tree. It has to be
re-read when switching views, but I was planning to do something with
this as the next step.

Leo.