[mythtv] Commercial flagging on corrupt recording crashes backend?

Christopher N. Deckard cnd at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Nov 23 20:47:18 UTC 2004

Nate,
What version of the ivtv driver and firmware are you using?  I'm not
seeing the same error messages that you are seeing, but the backend does
hang in the same way that yours seems to.  I've disabled auto commercial
flagging to see if it fixes the problem.  We shall see.

My backend has not once crashed, but it does hang either with a repeated
"waiting for a thread.." error message, or "backend still changing
state, waiting.."  Running on an Athlon64 with Debian amd64.

-Chris