[mythtv] Support for tv_grab_se (Patch)

Martin Forssen maf at tkrat.org
Mon Nov 22 20:12:01 UTC 2004

On 20 Nov, Isaac Richards wrote:
>> * Removes the old configuration file before running tv_grab_*. If this
>>   is not done tv_grab_se will ask a question on stdout if it should
>>   overwrite the configuration file.
>>
>> * Prepend "yes |" to the tv_grab_* command when executing. This was done
>>   so that any questions tv_grab_* asks on the console are answered
>>   automatically.
>
> Didn't do these.  They're not right.

The problem with not doing these is that setup will seem to hang once
one selects "Finish" when defining the video source. For me currently I
just get a box with no text but a progress bar at 50%. And the gui does
not respond. I had to look at the window where I had started setup to
see the questions asked there. I consider this behavior undesirable.

I can think of a couple of different ways of solve it.

1. The approach I initially took where I hardcoded answers. May be a bit
   drastic:-)

2. Add some text to the dialog with the progress bar which tells that
   interaction may be required on the command line.

3. Write a wrapper around tv_grab_* which presents a GUI where one can
   enter the answers.

I agree that #1 may be a bit on the draconian side. #2 is probably
easiest to implement while #3 is the nicest solution but a solution
which requires a lot of work.

Comments?

	/MaF