[mythtv] Running with no sound card

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 13:18:49 UTC 2004

I have been successfully running Myth on a box without a sound card, using
the tv-out facility of a PVR-350 for both video and audio. When I try this
with a recent CVS build I now get warnings saying that that /dev/dsp cannot
be opened and asking if I want to continue without sound. If I continue
sounds works as expected via the PVR-350.

Looking at the code, I cannot see a straightforward way to disable this

This would appear to be a regression on how this situation was handled in
the past.

Can I ask whoever committed this change to review it?