[mythtv] Bug in new smoother motion fast forward and rewind?

Mon Nov 22 01:36:43 UTC 2004

To see the bug, simply start watching a show, and then "Edit
Recording".  Attempt to move the the previous frame.  Instead of moving
backwards one frame, the position will actually move forward two frames.

Attempting to move to the previous cut point also does not work -- if
the current position *is* a cut point.  I assume that this fails for the
same reason as the first example -- the position is moved forward
instead of backwards, before the seek to the previous cut point is
performed.

I used:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout -D
2004-11-11 mythtv

to get a version of the CVS which does not have this bug.  If I checkout
the CVS from 2004-11-12, the bug exists.

I am not positive that the new "smoother motion fast forward and rewind"
code caused this bug, but it was incorporated into the CVS at the same
time that this bug appeared.

There is another bug in the "Edit Recording" mode.  Try to move to the
next keyframe.  Instead of finding the next keyframe, the position is
simply moved forward by one frame.  This bug, however, has been in the
CVS for well over a month.  I have not taken the time to try and figure
out exactly when it was introduced.

John