[mythtv] Unichrome/XvMC VLD output segfault

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Nov 20 22:41:49 UTC 2004

On Nov 20, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> I'm running cvs as of Thursday, with the Nov 16 Unichrome package set
> from http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/ on an M10000 running
> Fedora Core 2. The one deviation is that I'm running the 2.6.9-1.3_FC2
> kernel with the DRM module rebuilt against it.

Don't deviate, dumb-ass. :-) Flipped back to 2.6.8-1.521 and the module
provided. Everything works fine now. Playing back 720x480, 8000kbps
video with the processor about 20% user, 35% system, 45% idle.

> Anyhow, the frontend loads up just fine, no problems browsing my
> recordings library, XvMC VLD decoding is enabled in the setup, etc.
> However, whenever I try to play a recording, I get a segfault. Some
> verbose output below. I'm curious what's going on with the "No XvMC
> found" line... I'm assuming its a problem w/the Unichrome interaction,
> but all the audio stuff doesn't look so good (extra audio buffering is
> enabled, too).

Looks like the Unichrome DRM module doesn't work with 2.6.9, or at
least Red Hat's version of it.

> I'm recompiling a freshly updated cvs copy from today with debug
> support enabled, will get a backtrace once the compile finishes. I'm
> also going to try the Nov 5 package set, I've seen positive reports
> for that one, haven't heard anything about the 16th set.

Never mind. The Nov 16th package set is fine.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...