[mythtv] [patch] Various SQL compability fixes and dbwrapper work-in-progress

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Nov 20 05:46:10 UTC 2004

On Monday 15 November 2004 12:51 pm, David Härdeman wrote:
> Ok, third times a charm I hope...
>
> First message was rejected due to size and second message I believe was
> lost due to me not being subscribed (due to DNS errors).
> So, lets try a third time...I hope the patches havent gotten too far out
> of sync with regards to CVS...
>
> I tried sending this two days ago but it was rejected due to size, the
> patches referred to below can be found at:
> http://www.hardeman.nu/~david/mythpatch/
>
> Oh, and the dbwrapper patch should now be able to bootstrap a database
> both in PostgreSQL and in Mysql....hopefully =)

Looks like a very good start.

For the fix patch, would you mind moving the Open function into the mythdbcon
file?  I think it'd belong better there..  Instead of changing all those "s
to 's in the queries, I'd also really prefer if things were switched to use
the prepare/bindValue methods.   I think it's cleaner, and it takes care of
proper quoting/etc..

For the abstraction layer, is there any reason why you didn't split it up into
two classes, one for mysql, one for pg?  You could get rid of all the

 if (type == DBTYPE_PGSQL)

stuff that way.  Make it a bit easier to read, I think. =)

Isaac