[mythtv] DVB patch v2.1 DB upgrade problems

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Sat Nov 20 02:28:47 UTC 2004

Just changed to v2.1 of the DVB patch, however get the following error on
starting myth setup:

2004-11-20 02:17:59.108 Upgrading to schema version 1059
DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
Query was:
ALTER TABLE capturecard ADD COLUMN dvb_diseqc_type SMALLINT(6);
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate column name 'dvb_diseqc_type'

I have tried deleting the column from the table, which then leads to the
following error:

2004-11-20 02:16:59.025 Upgrading to schema version 1059
DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
Query was:
ALTER TABLE cardinput ADD COLUMN diseqc_pos FLOAT;
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate column name 'diseqc_pos'

So I then deleted this column but it now it recreates them both and I cam back
to step one.

Is there any way to solve this without scrapping my DB?

Thanks,

Chris