[mythtv] Re: Another problem with nuvexport and possible fix...

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-dev at beirdo.ca
Tue Nov 16 22:36:39 UTC 2004

George Styles <george at ripnet.co.uk> wrote:
> It seems that dropping the -x mpeg2 flag to transcode fixes the problem. No idea why :). Transcode seems to be able to work out for itself what format the video is in.
> The patch is below.

This patch broke it royally in my testing with ivtv-created MPEG2-PS files.  We
will need to find a way to differentiate between ivtv-created files and the
DVB-created ones.

Could you do a manual recording of 1 or 2 minutes for me to download for
testing purposes?  I don't have access to DVB recordings (and I don't think
Chris does either).

> After applying these 2 patches, I get perfect XviD output :) yay!

> Chris - are you prepared to accept one or both of these patches? its annoying to have to re-apply them each time I book out the CVS. I think the first one is fairly non-controversial, whereas the second one may need a switch if it breaks the encode for any other people.

The first one will likely be committed as it seems to have no nasty affects
to MPEG2-PS files from ivtv.  The first size you try is 1MB which is the
default, so it effectively does the same thing for the ivtv files.

The second one we will need to find a different solution to that is a bit more
elegant :)

Ciao
Gavin