[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

David R Bosso dbosso+lists.myth at lsit.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 15 02:04:37 UTC 2004

--On Sunday, November 14, 2004 8:14 PM -0500 "J. Donavan Stanley"
<jdonavan at jdonavan.net> wrote:

> While I certainly can change the speeds by editing code, the user base
> can't.  The reaction of the users will probably be much like that of my
> wife when I failed to note that speeds < 5x were missing before rolling
> out an update to our main box, and it wasn't pretty.

Does she miss the fractional speeds, or just the 1x-4x range?

I just did some timing on my production system with the old code.  This is
using a PVR-350 for output.

Indicated  Actual (approximate)
1x         1x
1.5x       1.7x
2x         3.3x
3x         5x
8x         10x
10x        12x
16x        26x

I've never used the fractional speeds, and don't find <3x (actual) useful
at all.  5x seems to be where it feels like ff/rw, and I find myself using
10x or 12x to skip ahead for most things.

What do other people use?

-David