[mythtv] IOCTL Invalid Options

twolf tcharron at dyndns.org
Sun Nov 14 01:01:13 UTC 2004

On Saturday 13 November 2004 06:27 am, twolf wrote:
>  Hello.  I'm new to MythTV, and am currently trying to get it working with
> my MSI TV @Anywhere Master card, and have run into some issues.  I'm trying
> to debug it to find out exactly where it's going wrong..
>
>  When I try to watch Live TV, mythbackend spews:
>
> Starting up as the master server.
> VIDIOCMCAPTUREi0: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTUREi1: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE1: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE1: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE1: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Invalid argument

 Ok, I found my issue.  After some poking thru the code, it would appear that
the NuppelVideo code only allows pixel formatting using either
PIX_FMT_YUV420P or PIX_FMT_YUV422P.  The MSI TV @nywhere cards do not support
this particular pixel format.  Rather, they SEEM to accept them as params and
not fail, but what it ends up using doesn't seem to BE in either of them.
I'm doing some more playing, and will let people know what I find.

 If I'm barking up trees that people already know about or have in the past,
lemme know so I'm not wasting any time..  ;-)  I was just hoping to get it
all working on a card that works great under tvtime and the such..