[mythtv] Problems with CVS MythMusic

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Nov 13 21:34:26 UTC 2004

Mark Woodward wrote:

> The latest CVS seems to have a problem in MythMusic. When I try to
> listen to music mythfrontend dies with... 'relocation error:
> libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol: _ZNl3VolumeControlC1Eb'
> Looking at playbackbox.cpp the offending code is...
>
>   if (gContext->GetNumSetting("MythControlsVolume", 0))
>   {
>       volume_control = new VolumeControl(true);
>
> Anyhow if I turn off 'Use internal volume controls' in general
> settings MythMusic starts working again.
> Maybe someone with better knowledge of this part of the code can have
> a go at sorting it out?

This has already been discussed and I posted a pointer to the correct
fix in a previous thread.

You need to add back volumecontrol.cpp into the SOURCES section of
libs/libmyth/libmyth.pro and rebuild the main mythfrontend stuff.

Can someone with CVS access please commit (or revert) this change.  My
apologies for this cockup - my fault by accidently including these bits
in my audio patch.

Ed W