[mythtv] Small patch for non unsynchronized id3v2 tags

Hugues Lismonde hugues.lismonde at hli.be
Sat Nov 13 18:50:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

First, thanks for the great work on MythTV, it's a wonderful piece of
software.

Now for my problem. When using mythmusic, half of my music collection
played weird (slow sound, bad channel detection). I posted on myth-user
but since I got no response, I've done my homework.
My mp3's are managed by iTunes and those failing have album art
embedded. After a bit of search, it seems that iTunes does not
unsynchronize the id3v2 tag, which is allowed using the proper flag but
unfortunately breaks libmad (and mythmusic). Having found this, I made
a little patch to skip the tag when not unsynchronized. Feel free to
include it in mythmusic if it suits you.

Something else now: I'm planning to write an AAC decoder (probably
followed by the encoder) for mythmusic and would like to know if
someone else was already working on this (so we can avoid duplicate
efforts).
--
Hugues Lismonde < hugues.lismonde at hli.be >