[mythtv] [patch] frontend segfault with 11/12 CVS for OSD tuner display

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 01:42:00 UTC 2004

Ok I see, you had an audio problem and then returned to the menu.

It seems that in this case nvp->isPlaying() would have been false, yet
this code section assumes playing has occurred.

The code just checked:

        StartPlayerAndRecorder(true, false);
        if (recorder->IsRecording())
        {
            StartPlayerAndRecorder(false, true);
            UpdateOSDInput();
        }
        else
        {
            VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, "LiveTV not successfully started");
            tmpInternalState = internalState;
            nextState = internalState;
            StopPlayerAndRecorder(true, false);
            gContext->RestoreScreensaver();
            recorder = NULL;
        }

The more appropriate place for the UpdateOSDInput() call would have
been lower in the routine at (sorry no line number).  It's here when
we know that playing has occurred.

    if (internalState == kState_WatchingLiveTV)
        UpdateLCD();