[mythtv] Myth doesn't compile under FC3

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Nov 9 21:43:16 UTC 2004

Trying to compile myth under fc3, and I get the following error:

i386/dsputil_mmx.c: In function `h263_h_loop_filter_mmx':
i386/dsputil_mmx.c:634: error: can't find a register in class
`GENERAL_REGS' while reloading `asm'

Googling reveals that some people on the atrpms list have had this
problem.  It looks like things compile fine for athlon (which is fine
for me until I decide to upgrade my main mythbox), but this could be a
real problem for intel-cpu users.

My guess is that is has something to do with the new gcc's more strict
C++ handling.

Anyway, a warning to prospective fc3 updaters, and a bug report for the
devs.

-Chris