[mythtv] download and insert listing ??

Jeff Thompson lists at threeputt.org
Tue Nov 9 21:27:21 UTC 2004

Wachir, DataDirect is different from the other "grabbers" in the sense
that grabbers typically scrape web pages to obtain listing information.
Tribune Media Services offers the DataDirect web service and provides
the data in XML format as a SOAP response.

The DataDirect URL that is used in the web services call is embedded in
the mythtv program libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp.

If you're looking to provide your own schedule data in DataDirect
format, then I suggest that you head over to http://labs.zap2it.com and
review the specifications for the DataDirect web service and the
response document that is returned for the download request.

Hope that helps,

--
Jeff