[mythtv] Matching duplicates

Mon Nov 8 04:47:21 UTC 2004

I have seen at least one case where "Matching duplicates using subtitles
and descriptions" is insufficient.  It can happen when a show has
multiple parts.  The show name, subtitle, and description will all be
the same for each of the parts.  Even the "Program ID" is the same for
each of the parts.

The only reason I know it is made up of multiple parts and is not a
repeat, is because "INFO" shows "Part 1 of 2", "Part 2 of 2" as part of
the show properties.

I assume that for someone familiar with the right part of the code,
extending the duplicate check to include the "Part 1 of 2" info would be
pretty easy.  Except it does not look like that information is saved
with each recording.  It only shows up when "INFO" is displayed for
future recordings.

While I would probably be willing to take a crack at adding the "Part 1
of 2" information to the duplicate check, I am not comfortable with
modifying the database schema to include the extra information.  I would
appreciate it if someone would take a look at saving that extra info
with each recording.

It also does not look like information such as actors and guest stars is
saved with each recording.  While not required, it would be nice to be
able to bring up that info for a recorded show.

Thanks,

John