[mythtv] End of recording when not at the end

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 02:56:04 UTC 2004

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> I just updated my mythtv installation to latest cvs.
> When i watch a recording and after a short while mythfrontend thinks it's at
> the end of the file so it quits playback and asks me if i want to delete the
> show.
> But it's not at the end of the file.
> If i play the file again and fastforward to the point where i was last
> wathing it i can continue a bit more but after a while the same thing
> happends again.
>
> Anyone else seen this?
> Any clues on why it does this?
>
> Last time i updated my cvs checkout is from maybe a few weeks back, and then
> it worked just fine.

happens here too.. and as with James.. have just been living with it..
have just figured "it's caught up with, and trying to overplay, the
recording" of whatever I'm recording.. I noticed it recently when
switching the option to return to menu rather than start from
beginning.. but its the same thing..

can't advise on this as I don't know why a recording would catch up with
then end of the stream.. unless its something to do with commercial
detection.. not sure..

would be nice to find out.. but not essential..

Craig