[mythtv] v31 hdtv-recorder observations

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sun Nov 7 00:09:08 UTC 2004

On Sunday 07 November 2004 00:47, John Patrick Poet wrote:
> Changing channels seems to work now -- at least as well as the latest
> CVS works, that is.
>
> I have no idea how long it has been this way, but changing channels from
> any of my "upcoverted" or true HDTV channels, to a SD digital channel
> causes the frontend to freeze.  The reverse is also true.  If I change
> from an HD channel to another HD channel, everything is fine.  If I
> change from a SD channel to a SD channel, everything is fine.  Changing
> from HD to SD, or SD to HD causes the front end to freeze.  This is not
> unique to your hdtv-recorder patch -- the latest CVS exhibits this
> behaviour.  I know this used to work, because I tested this back when I
> was working on the DisplayRes switching code.

I'm wondering if this is with XvMC enabled as I get frontend freezes with
channel changes from a ts recorder of my own (dvb, but not mythbackend). This
is with the via xvmc decoder stuff, but with only xv decoding everything is
just fine. I've been unable to figure out where the lockup is occurring.

Just wondering..
Kenneth