[mythtv] Proposed MythMusic Interface Improvements

Ben Levitt levittben at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 14:13:59 EDT 2004

--- Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> power
> go
> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0
> back/edit
> menu
> red, green, yellow and blue
> left, right, up and down
> ok
> mute
> a blank key
> full
> << and >>
> play
> record
> stop
> pause
> |< and >|
> a UI which could be done with only those keys would
> be most welcome
> there are parts of it that will not work with a
> remote with any amount of keys
> (because it requires you to enter text)

I remember someone working on a patch that allowed you
to pop up a text entry dialogue that worked like a
cell phone, using 2-9 to enter text.  Then you could
enter "scrubs" by pressing 7777 222 777 88 22 7777.  I
imagine that this could also be combined with a T-9
clone (the technology that lets you just enter 727827,
and it figures out a match) that matched to items
within the current context.  So if you're entering
something into a field that wants a show name, then
match to the set of known show names...

This would be more and more useful as we add things
like searching by name to the interface.

Do you Yahoo!?