[mythtv] why do we call qApp->setOverrideCursor()?

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 27 12:08:44 EST 2004

When the main myth window is created we call qApp->setOverrideCursor to set
a blank override cursor.

This means that whenever the cursor is not over any window the cursor
disappears.

There is currently a bug that stops the cursor re-appearing when myth exits
which I have a fix for but why do we need to set the overrideCursor to
Blank? Isn't just setting the cursor for our myth's window to blank enough
to remove it?

As a compromise maybe we should only call setOverrideCursor if not running
in a window?

Alternatively someone suggested that we hide the cursor after it is still
for a few seconds and show it again if it moves. I could look into doing
this as well if people think it is worth while?

John