[mythtv] Using Patches

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 14:36:29 EST 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 13:12, Claus M. Christiansen wrote:
> steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
> >
> >On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Claus M. Christiansen wrote:
> >>I've used MythTV for a litte while now, and I was wondering: All
> >> the patches that arrive at this list, how are they applied? Do I
> >> need at recompile in order to use them?
> >
> >The patches are all applied to the source code (so yes, you need to
> >recompile).  To apply them, change to the root of the source code
> > and do:
> >
> >    patch -p1 < somepatchfile
> >or
> >    patch -p0 < somepatchfile
> >
> >Depending on how the patch was created (if you get the wrong one
> > it'll tell you it can't find the files it was trying to patch).
>
> OK. Thanks.
> On a side notice: Are the CVS version of myth* always pathced with
> these pathces?
>
> Claus

If you want to keep up with what patches have been applied to the CVS
tree, subscribe to the mythtv-commits list.  If you are running or want
to run CVS, you should definitely be subscribed to both the -dev list
and the -commits list.  Isaac & the other primary devs usually send a
note to the mythtv-dev list when a submitted patch gets applied, but
not always.  Plus, the mythtv-commits list is a record not only of
patches that were applied & committed, but also of ongoing development,
which may not be submitted to the list as a patch, as it's already in
Isaac's local tree (or Thor's, etc...)

-JAC