[mythtv] Backend dying

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Mar 21 14:41:20 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 12:54:21PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 21 March 2004 10:13 am, stan wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 10:41:41PM -0500, stan wrote:
> > > I've got a machine (built from KnoppMYTH V4R2), taht the backend
> > > has started dying on.
> > >
> > > I'm getting ton's of the following error messages in the backend log:
> > >
> > > Should be local only query: GetScreenGrab
> > >
> > > What's it trying to tell me?
> >
> > Sorry, to repet my request here, but my system has become _completly_
> > unstable.
> >
> > Can someone _please_ tell me what this error message means?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html#ss20.9
> and

Hmm, thta link points to how to recompile MythtV with debuging so one can
use gdb on it.

Seems like a pretty extreme way to get a simple answer as to what a
particular error message means.

Not quite as much work as reading all of the source code to find it.

But a lot more work than someone who already understans teh source code
providing a simple answer.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin